“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
We base what we do on the Human and Environmentally Integrated City and Neighborhood "HumanE-i-City" Framework, developed by Alexandra Sokol.
The "i" = Integrated, intelligent, Inclusive, Innovative and Integrity.
A Framework Based On Balance
Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth... these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and equality. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all. - Ban Ki-moon
EnviroDynamix takes a holistic approach to urban problem solving when it comes to sustainability, neighborhood development, place-making and creating resilient cities by fully integrating the social dimension into our city solutions strategies and projects.
The HumanE-i-City urban and environmental anthropology based framework is designed to help city leaders, urban planners, policy makers and designers make better culture-led sustainability, adaptation and planning decisions with positive social resilience impacts and benefits for their communities.
Livable, More Equitable Cities
HUMANE-I-CITY™ AND APPLIED URBAN ANTHROPOLOGY --ENSURING A HIGHER QUALITY OF LIFE.
The framework uses cross cultural information and rigorous touchpoint studies to address those issues commonly cited as city problems including: social stratification, ecological challenges and environmental impact , disaster insecurity, economic inequality and poverty, housing shortages, hunger and food deserts, ethnocentrism and racism, gender and sexual inequality, health issues, educational divide, systemic abuse and violence, and governance and policy issues.
APPLYING THE UN SDGs TO CITIES & NEIGHBORHOODS.
At the base of the framework is a deep understanding of the Global Challenges set forth by the Millennium Project and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) applied on a localized level and to our urban environments. We combine these global challenges with a deep understanding of cultural-social-urban-environmental and applied anthropology, human-centric design principles, circular economy and 'Livable Cities' benchmarking into our HumanE•i•City practice and framework.
Our Urban Environmental
• HumanE•i•City Municipality and Neighborhood Mapping including: culture mapping, environmental assets-vulnerability-risk mapping, plus social , economic and psychological mapping.
• HumanE•i•City based Sustainability and Resilience Analysis and Evaluation Services
• Whole-Systems Solutions-Centered Sustainability and Resilience Strategies and Implementation Planning
• ESG Integrated Evaluation, Strategies, and ESG Based Program Development
• HumanE•i•City -- Integrated Human and Biospheric Place-
• Urban Resilience and Environmental Anthropology plus Environmental Psychology Consulting
• Healthy Lifestyle Based Design Strategies, including
Environmentally Healthy Workplace Planning
• Human-Centric and Environmentally Integrated Transportation Strategies